Take the Whipping Childhood Cancer Challenge!
The Ethan Jostad Foundation for Childhood Cancer is participating in and fully supports the challenge that is sweeping the country right now - the #WhippingChildhoodCancer challenge. The goal of this campaign is to raise awareness of the 46 children that are diagnosed each school day and the 7 children who will be taken from us by this horrible disease every day.
You can help support childhood cancer awareness and join in on the fun too!
HERE ARE THE RULES AND HOW IT ALL WORKS
- You don't have to wait to be challenged. You can challenge yourself and just do it. However, if you are challenged you have 46 hours to complete it.
- You must record a video of yourself taking a pie to the face. It doesn't have to be a fancy pie, in fact it can be a paper plate with either whipped cream or shaving cream as well.
- Once you have completed your challenge and you are all cleaned up you must choose a pediatric cancer charity to donate $7 to. You can choose to donate to the Ethan Jostad Foundation or any charity that supports childhood cancer awareness, research, and support. For a list of participating charities, please visit the Whipping Childhood Cancer official website.
- It's time to challenge your friends and post your video! Post your video to social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. Be sure to tag 7 of your friends in your post and challenge them to complete the same challenge.
- If you're unable to complete the challenge within 46 hours you must donate $46 dollars to the pediatric cancer charity of your choice. Again, see the official Whipping Childhood Cancer website for a great list of charities to choose from if you are unsure of who to donate to.
WE WOULDN'T ASK YOU TO DO ANYTHING WE WOULDN'T DO OURSELVES...
HERE ARE SOME TIPS TO MAKE IT LOOK GREAT
- Get the kids involved! Better yet, let your kids give you a pie in the face! They will love it!
- Rehearse your lines, don't just "wing it." We want to make sure the message gets out there and that people understand why we are doing this - to raise awareness about childhood cancer and that our kids need everyone's support.
- If you can't remember the lines, no problem! After all, not everyone is great at speaking in front of a camera. No problem, use a script! Here is one suggested by the Whipping Childhood Cancer website that we like.